You should know that you have the following rights regarding the school records of your children:
- The right to inspect and review the school records of your child. (Please call ahead for an appointment.)
- The right to challenge the validity of anything in the records and to a hearing if the school refuses to change the records.
- The right to control the release of information to third parties (with certain exceptions, such as other schools where your child enrolls).
- The right to obtain a copy of any records being released to any third party.
- The right to review the school district’s policy on the collection, maintenance and release of student records. Copies of the policy are available in all school offices.
- The right to refuse release of “directory information” regarding your child.
You may call your school counselor for more information on your “right to know.”